Those little saboteurs, so darn cute when they approach you with their little order froms, all smiling and so little. Some in their uniform with their sash showing all the badges they earned. One of these badges should be a little piggy, for managing to fatten people up. Yes, I am talking about Girl Scout Cookies.
These little angels were waiting in the wings after church yesterday to give everyone their extra 10 pounds. Well I have beaten your system Scouts. You will not earn a badge from my hips or stomach. I only ordered ones I don’t care for, therefore no Caramel Delights, and only ordered ones the roomie likes. Sure do like that shortbread cookie with the chocolate underside also. And the amazing thing about those cookies, no matter what size the box, or bag this year, they seem to be a single size serving. So we are a house of peanut butter sandwiches and that does not bother me one bit. Lesson learned already, don’t have what you can’t refrain from eating.
After the cold weather of last week, I managed to get out and walk a lot this weekend. Also did a new 5 minute exercise I found on line. I should have known I was in trouble when the instructor, who was not much bigger than the saboteurs I described above, came swinging in on a rope all smiley. She had 5 exercises that you do 5 times each for three times; so fifteen of each total with a 15 second break between each set. There are 5 burpees, 10 mountain climbers (5 for each leg), 5 push-ups, 5 jumping squats, and 5 jumping alternating lunges. Well it has been about 5 years (read: 7 or 8) since I attempted a burpee, going down not so bad, getting up not so good; took me 3 minutes to do five. But I aced the 15 second break. The entire 5 minute workout took around 14 minutes. Hopefully by the end of March I will have it down to the 5 minutes.
Fiber One, original, 2 Tab melted peanut butter, and few dried cranberried
Coffee with creamer
Salad – cooked chicken, onions, spinach, romaine lettuce, chickpeas, bell pepper, Mediterranean Dressing
Homemade baked tortilla chips
2 Huevos Rancheros
This is a quick, good, and economical fix for dinner. We found this recipe when my daughter lived at home, she is a vegetarian, and the entire family enjoys it.
8 (5-6 inch) round flour tortillas
1 cup salsa, your favorite flavor and heat level
1 cup black beans, rinsed
1/2 cup shredded cheese, pepper jack, mozzarella, cheddar, any kind you like or have
½ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400o. Spray 8 cups of a muffin tin with canola spray.
- The original recipe calls to cut the tortillas to fit the muffin tins. I just fold them and gently work them into the muffin tins. We like the crispy edges and I see no need to waste.
- Mix half the salsa with black beans and season with salt and pepper. Divide up among the 8 tortillas.
- Crack an egg in each of the 8 cups.
- Bake until the eggs are barely set, about 8 minutes. Top with cheese cover with aluminum foil, and then bake 6 – 7 additional minutes.
- Serve with remaining salsa and sour cream.
- These heat very well for lunch the next day. I often add shredded lettuce to them for lunch
3 large tervis water & Metamucil
251 days till Disney Food and Wine.