Please forgive my absence this week. I have literally been on the road all week since 5:00 AM Tuesday morning. June 30 is the end of the fiscal year for many of my systems and all certification education units must be completed for licenses by June 30, so this is a hectic time of the year; and I love it.
I had a good weigh-in before I headed out this morning; down 0.8 pounds. Back to positive progress.
I may have a cure for myself and any of you who dine at fast-food restaurants. So from that you know that one day this week I ate a burger for lunch. To be honest some of the Towns I am fortunate enough to work in have very limited food options. I really hated the fact that I was eating so unhealthy and was fussing at myself for not bring my lunch, but I may have made the best decision without intending to. We worked outside all morning and it was quite warm and we didn’t break for lunch till 1:45 PM so I wanted to eat in air conditioning. An older gentleman was in front of me, 70-80ish, and I noticed he had what I best can describe as an old shaving kit similar to what my Daddy used when he traveled. The gentleman ordered and moved to the end of the front counter to wait for his order, and I began to order. Something caught my eye and I glanced over and much to my astonishment and disbelief I realized he had put the “kit” on the counter, while waiting for his order, opened it, and had taken out a blood testing kit and was testing his blood sugar. Yes, on the counter, where they were going to put my food, don’t care that it would be on a tray. And to make it even more unreal, if possible, one of the employees was just chatting away with him as he was squeezing his finger to produce a drop of blood, which fell on the counter, as if he does this all the time. He was courteous enough to wipe it up, but without bleach. I believe my few “fast-food” days may be over. You never know what has been on the counter. Ironic I was teaching Blood Bourne Pathogens to the sewer employees that afternoon.
Okay, here is a puzzle for you (answer at the end):
What is it?
- It is the most common hazardous chemical in common usage.
- It is odorless & colorless.
- Prolonged exposure in solid state caused severe tissue damage.
- Accidental inhalation can result in death.
- Major component of acid rain.
Heading for Clarks Hill this weekend to celebrate s-i-l’s birthday; everyone is to bring finger foods and something to go with the smoked Boston butt he is doing on the grill tonight. I am making the birthday cake and just sliced up fresh fruit. I made this fruit dip for footballs games often when the kids were in college.
Pina Colada Dip
8 ounce can crushed pineapple in own juice, undrained
3 ounce package instant coconut pudding
¾ cup skim milk
½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend for 30 seconds or until well mixed.
- Pour directly into serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate for several hours.
156 days and 22.42 lbs till Disney Food and Wine